Every local pet store is sure to carry a big variety of dental products for our cats and dogs-but how do you choose? Our veterinarians always recommend the Virbac line of dental products, but here are the details on our favorites!
1) C.E.T. Dual Ended Toothbrush: This toothbrush has two different brush heads to accommodate any size dog or cat. Its soft bristles are designed for pets’ mouths and a quality toothbrush key to a great dental routine for your pet.
2) C.E.T. Toothpaste for Dogs & Cats: Coming in a range of flavors from Vanilla-mint to a variety of meats, these toothpastes will not only help clean your pet’s teeth, but will also make daily brushing more fun!
3) C.E.T. HEXTRA Chews for Dogs: These chews come in different sizes to perfectly fit any dog-big or small. When given daily, this product can reduce plaque and tartar while also freshening that dog breath (making excessive doggie kisses much easier on you).
4) C.E.T.Oral Hygene Chews for Cats: These feline chews come in poultry or fish flavor to please the pickiest of cats. Most cats will take this chew readily as a chewy treat. From chewing daily, your cats will benefit from a “treat” while you benefit from knowing it will help keep their smiles stunning.
5) C.E.T. Aquadent Water Additive: Since our pets can’t exactly gargle and spit out mouthwash, Virbac created this water additive instead. When used in addition to toothbrushing routines, 2 teaspoons of this liquid mixed into your pet’s daily water can help to prevent the accumulation of plaque and freshen breath.
While these products are not prescription, be sure to talk to your veterinarian to discuss which combination of these products is best for your pet. Here at Emerald Animal Hospital, we carry all of these products and are happy to discuss your pet’s dental care routine. Give us a call at 216-749-7161 with any questions you have about your pet’s smile!