Swimming is a great way to keep your pup both cool and active during the summer months. Here’s a list of the dog-friendly beaches in our area!
Edgewater Park Reservation in Cleveland
- Please note that only a specific portion of the beach allows dogs and is marked by these signs.
- You can find this beach just north of the Cleveland Memorial Shoreway
Lakewood Beach Park in Sheffield Lake (West Side)
- Not to be confused with the Lakewood Dog Park, in Lakewood.
- This beach is on the west side, out in Lorain County.
- The exact address is: 3801 Lake Road, Sheffield Lake, OH
Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Beach in Fairport Harbor (East Side)
- Please keep your dog in the Dog Swim Areas only.
- You can find this beach at 301 Huntington Beach Dr, Fairport Harbor, OH 44077
Bow Wow Beach in Stow (South Side)
- This is every dog’s dream! There’s a dog washing station, areas for smaller dogs, and the whole beach is completely fenced in.
- Find this beach at 5070 Stow Road, Stow OH 44224 (in Silver Springs Park)
Also remember to check local beaches and pools for specific dog days! While many of these locations do not allow dogs throughout the summer, some set aside specific days for canines to enjoy the water!
Have you and your dog been to any of these beaches? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!