It’s never too late to get your pet into a dental hygiene routine! Check out these products and procedures to help keep your pet’s teeth pearly white!
1) C.E.T. Dual Ended Toothbrush: This toothbrush has two different brush heads to accommodate any size dog or cat. Its soft bristles are designed for pets’ mouths and a quality toothbrush key to a great dental routine for your pet.
2) C.E.T. Toothpaste for Dogs & Cats: Coming in a range of flavors from Vanilla-mint to a variety of meats, these toothpastes will not only help clean your pet’s teeth, but will also make daily brushing more fun!
3) C.E.T. HEXTRA Chews for Dogs: These chews come in different sizes to perfectly fit any dog-big or small. When given daily, this product can reduce plaque and tartar while also freshening that dog breath (making excessive doggie kisses much easier on you).
4) C.E.T.Oral Hygene Chews for Cats: These feline chews come in poultry or fish flavor to please the pickiest of cats. Most cats will take this chew readily as a chewy treat. From chewing daily, your cats will benefit from a “treat” while you benefit from knowing it will help keep their smiles stunning.
5) C.E.T. Aquadent Water Additive: Since our pets can’t exactly gargle and spit out mouthwash, Virbac created this water additive instead. When used in addition to toothbrushing routines, 2 teaspoons of this liquid mixed into your pet’s daily water can help to prevent the accumulation of plaque and freshen breath.
1) Brush Your Pet’s Teeth: Brushing your pet’s teeth at home can seem daunting or time consuming. Slowly introducing your pet to the toothbrush and paste is key to making the experience positive and enjoyable for them. Check out this brief tutorial on how to brush your pet’s teeth!
2) Dental Exam and Professional Dental Cleaning: Set up an appointment with the veterinarian this month to get your pet’s teeth examined. Your veterinarian will be able to determine if your pet needs a full dental cleaning. For your veterinarian to perform a dental cleaning, your pet will have to be anesthetized. This is for the safety of both your pet and the veterinary staff. Prior to the procedure, bloodwork will be run in order to determine if it is safe for your pet to be anesthetized for the procedure. Once your pet is under, the dental cleaning process will begin. X-rays will be taken to see if any teeth need to be removed. Unhealthy teeth will be extracted and remaining teeth will have plaque and tartar removed to get those teeth back in healthy shape!
Here at Emerald Animal Hospital, we want to make sure that your pet’s smile is at their finest. If your pet needs a professional cleaning, schedule in the month of February to receive $30 off! Also, during the entire month of July, all dental preventative products such as toothpaste, chews, and water additive will be BUY ONE, GET ONE 50% OFF! Ask for samples if you’re not sure which product may be right for your pet. To set up an appointment, give us a call at 216-749-7161 and we will do our best to keep your pet smiling!