When it comes to dogs, did you know that common household items can be harmful to your best friend.
The following items are toxins to your dog. Signs of poisoning by these items can vary, but often include vomiting, excess salivation and ulcers in the mouth.
- Snail bait (even if it is hidden under plants in the yard)
- Petroleum products
- Household cleaners, such as leave-in toilet bowl cleaners
- Many plants, including philodendron, lilies, poinsettia and mistletoe
- Prescription medicines
- Rat poison
- Chocolate (especially bakers or unsweetened chocolate)
- Moldy walnuts or moldy dairy products
- Grapes and raisins
- Snail bait (even if hidden under plants in the yard)
Our Cleveland Animal Hospital is located on Ridge Road which makes it easy to get to if you are looking for a vet in Parma, Brooklyn, Ohio, and Cleveland’s Westside. For vets that make house calls in the Cleveland area visit Smith House Calls.